Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gyoza Bento



I've mentioned it before, but I'm nuts for dumplings. Making shumai is still beyond me, mainly because I haven't been able to find the needed wrappers in my midwest city, but gyoza? These I can handle!

This bento contains chicken-filled gyoza, kameboko, and spring greens in the oval container. The Cinnamaroll-shaped container has rice (with wasabi furikake) and cut strawberries.

The fan cut kameboko (fish cake) was cut using instructions from Hapa Bento , and turned out pretty good! The gyoza were hand made by me, and I'm hoping to have a tutorial out tomorrow on that.

2 comments:

  1. I love dumplings too :) Have only made them homemade maybe twice, but I keep saying I'm going to make them again soon... Maybe next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first couple times they seemed to take forever, but every time since then, I've just blazed through them.

    ReplyDelete