Monday, January 18, 2010

Salad Bento



Salad Bento
Contents: Spring Mix greens, Tuna (leftover from a past lunch), Hard Boiled Egg

I'm a huge soup nut, and will often times take either a can of soup or a container full of soup I made for lunch. The problem is that lower fat and healthier soups aren't necessarily full of protein, and thus, not terribly filling for the afternoon. Usually the soup has a good sized carb element, so I wasn't concerned about fitting it into this bento. This lunch was a good companion to the can of soup I brought, and was pretty tasty.

This was also pretty quick to throw together in the morning. It only took 2-3 minutes to put the lettuce in the box, scoop the tuna on top, and carefully dislodge my egg from the mold. Taking the picture took longer! Of course, there's no way I could have put it together that fast if I hadn't done some prep. Some box staples will keep better than others, but keeping things on hand when possible will help for those mornings where you need to put a lunch together quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment